Love The Life You Live
We Will Be There To Photograph It.
We Know Your Baby Is Adorable.
It’s In The Details
The tiny feet and fingers, the perfectly shaped lips and beautiful eyes. These are the things we love and want to keep the memory of forever. Your adorable baby will grow so quickly, and before you know it they will be leaving for college. We know how incredible new life is and would love to share its beauty with you. We make sure to provide a calm but creative environment for your baby. The emotions in these intimate moments are truly incredible, and we will help you preserve the quickly fleeting moments of your baby’s first few years.
You will not have the time or energy to think, search, or collect for the photoshoot once your baby has arrived. It’s a good idea to start gathering ideas and inspiration while you are pregnant so we both know what you’d like before your baby is even born.
While we will provide props, blankets, baskets, there may be items or accessories you want to include in the shoot. Is Mommy a musician? Did Daddy serve in the military? Adding a guitar or a folded flag add that personalize touch to your session.
Newborn Session Tips
The first two weeks after birth are the ideal timeframe to have a newborn photo session. During these days your precious newborn will be sleeping most of the time and are easier to adjust.
- Newborns in their birthday suits are so pure and precious that it really allows us to marvel over their tiny features. If you would like us to capture these images, we recommend you wrap them in something comfortable that won’t leave clothing imprints 30-60 minutes prior to the session.
- A newborn session would not be complete without cute outfits and accessories. We suggest bringing 2-3 outfits to allow for spit-ups and mishaps.
- We recommend browsing Pinterest (Newborn Ideas) and Etsy.com. You’ll find plenty of adorable diaper covers, knit hats, headbands, or wraps. Search for newborn photography accessories for tons of affordable options.
- Because you and your newborn are most comfortable at home, we will travel to you and capture incredible images anywhere in your home.
- We bring our own portable lighting equipment and a few blankets and accessories. While we will provide a few accessories we recommend browsing Pinterest (Newborn Ideas) and Etsy.com for some adorable diaper covers, knit hats, headbands, or wraps.
- Not to worry! Your newborn is tiny, and we don’t need much space at all. Since the focus of these image will be on the small details, we won’t see anything outside of our 6ft x 6ft workspace.
- A baby nursery is always a great location and add to the memories of the photos. But it doesn’t have to be the session location. We have used living rooms, kitchens, a home office, and even garages. Just make sure the environment is clean, safe, and temperature controlled. (We also bring a portable space heater)
Baby sessions generally last between 2-3 hours with plenty of allowances in between photos to nurse and comfort.
What Makes A Baby Session Great?
The baby’s health and well-being is our number one priority with all baby sessions. We don’t do crazy posing and will not do anything without Mommy and Daddy’s full support and permission.
A calm environment and a careful attitude allows us to be creative. With this formula you’ll have the best baby photos on the block.
- 6 Months: They begin to show their adorable personality. We will see them begin to smile, laugh, and sit up.
- 9 Months: Now they can’t hold still! They are wiggling, giggling, crawling, and more!
- 12 months: First Birthday! The little ones are standing and often walking on their own.
Life Is Simply A Collection Of Memories
The Ever Changing Family Dynamic
A first birthday come once a lifetime. A little league championship, Sweet Sixteen, Senior Photos or Family Partys, it all happens so quickly.
It makes a huge difference in connecting with memories that are truly captured instead of just documented. We are blessed to live at a time where we have easy access to cameras on our phones and the ability to capture an instant but spending the time and effort to give them the quality the deserve is worth it. Freezing that period in time will allow your to revisit the feeling and memories in a photograph.
- How far in advance should I schedule a session?
- As soon as you are ready – book it. It is never too early.
- We are usually booked out 3-4 weeks in advanced and can increase during busy seasons and holidays but be sure to still check on availability since there are occasional times we still have openings
- We are Pregnant! How do we schedule a newborn session?
- We will reserve a window based around your due date and after your baby is born we will pick an exact date. The ideal time is within the first 2-3 weeks
- What time and day is best to schedule a family photo session?
- It really depends on what type of photoshoot
- Best times for outdoor is two hours before sunset and an hour after (best light golden hour)
- Also sunrise – mystical but tiredness can show.
- If you are unsure we can help during out email or phone consultation
- I don’t know of any good locations!
- Not to worries we have plenty of great locations to suggest. We do like to do places that have some form of connection or meaning for you but
- What if the weather is bad/reschedule
- If your session is scheduled to be outdoors and it is definitely going to rain, please contact at least 48 hours prior and you can reschedule for another date that works for the both of parties.Likewise, we reserve the right to reschedule a session for illness, injury, family emergency, extreme weather conditions, and other extenuating circumstances. We truly value your time and will do our utmost to notify you of such circumstances if they should arise as soon as possible. We will be sure to reschedule your session for the next available date.
- We can also have a backup location indoors or sheltered from the weather if you still want to shoot that day.
- There are so many possibilities and often the adventure itself makes the experience even more exciting and add more of a story to your photos.
- Do you travel outside NYC?
- Yes! Planes, Trains, and automobiles. Although Ill have to charge travel expenses
- How do I book a session?
- Contact us with your details and we schedule a date with you over the phone or through email. After the date is set, the session will be booked once we received your $100 deposit. That deposit will be applied to your session fee with the remainder due on the day of the shoot.
- What if I need to reschedule or cancel?
- Sometimes the weather doesn’t play nice, or the flue sneaks up on you – rescheduling is not an issue. We will find another date and time that works for the both of us at no cost.
- If you decide to cancel all together, we understand but your deposit will not be refunded.
- Is there any type of photography you don’t do?
- We primarily focus on connecting with real people like you, so we mainly photograph people. Although we have the capability to shoot many other types of photography we pick and choose those projects depending on various factors.
- If there is something you specifically want to hire us for – let us know and we will certainly consider it. If not we can connect you with other photographers who can help you out.
- We accept cash, checks, and major credit cards (merchant fee applies)
My goal is to create a relaxed and fun experience while capturing genuine emotion. I find it best to let kids be kids, and will spend some time interacting and playing with them so that I can draw this out. I shoot on location whether it be at your home, in a park or fun urban location. I have some ideas if you’re not sure of the best place. I strive to use as much natural light as possible, but will use the man-made variety if necessary.
you should expect to enjoy yourselves and have a good time. It is very important that my clients are comfortable on the shoot because this is when I capture the best images. Please do not coach your children before the shoot and tell them to “smile for the camera”. Fake-posed smiles are so uninteresting and obvious. It’s better to have real energy oozing from the images! Let your child just have fun! We will get much better results that way!
- What to wear?
Dress for the occasion – we want you to feel great so confirmable is
While it is nice to have good-looking clothes, you want look your best unless you are comfortable.
Bold colors or something to help you pop. Avoid excessive patterns or heavy logo or characters.
Feel free to accessorize
- How Many People
While it doesn’t really matter how many you have, it may be wise to book extra time if over 5 people. This will help insure that everyone gets good coverage
- We have a special event that we want documented but we would also like to have family portraits at the event as well?
- How long are the sessions?
Typically 90-120 minutes but if we need a little more time, we don’t want you to worry or feel rushed, we will make sure we capture stunning photos
- Is there any type of photography you don’t do?
We primarily focus on connecting with real people like you, so we mainly photograph people. Although we have the capability to shoot many other types of photography we pick and choose those projects depending on various factors.
If there is something you specifically want to hire us for – let us know and we will certainly consider it. If not we can connect you with other photographers who can help you out.
Pet Tips for an Awesome Session
Photographing your pet can be a great way to show your love. Hang it on your wall, share it to your Facebook friends, heck even give them their own Instagram account!
- Know your location
- Be Prepared with water and treats
- Understand Your Pet’s Personality
- Groom or Clean
- Choose location based on weather
- Don’t choose a location your pet isn’t allowed
- Don’t request photo to be taken that puts your pet or ourselves in dangerous situations
- Don’t have unrealistic expectations. While we are great with animals, we cannot train your pet to do things it does not know.
- Don’t forget to bring treats and water!
Moments Pass, Time Flies, But Memories Live Forever
You ever wish you had photos that truly reflected how great a party with family you haven’t seen in years or friends from across the country? Let us give you the entire experience back instead of you having the one group photo of everyone at the end of the night.
Our subtle presence yet charming personalities let us blend into your night without much of a notice.
Are you tired of the school event photographer not giving your amazing child the attention they deserve? Let us come to the rescue and give them some time in the spotlight